I really liked this skirt:
But since I am now somewhat Unemployed...I decided to make one with the many pieces of fabrics I have amassed over the years...So here's my version:
Kinda cute right? I do wish my legs were longer like the models'
crap. I don't have a job. I am not gonna panic. After all, I've hated my job for ages. I could just temp a while. But I can't really type that fast and almost always have to look at the keys. I've got no savings...Crap.
My mister and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary with a first class trip to London. Here are the pictorial mementos.
I don't know what happened...2009 did a number on me. It was supposed to be the best year...ever. I started out so optimistic and a little cocky but hey! I mean I was being considered by Domino Magazine as one of their Domino 10. My work was published in a foreign design magazine...I had just styled 2 photoshoots...one of which allowed me to be backstage with a school of hot male models!
And then BAM! All of it seem to just vanish...Domino folded, the economy tanked so no more clients=no bonus, my 2 best friends got divorced. Both are dating less-than-choice people that I wouldn't want to have over for dinner...On top of it all, remember how I quit smoking...yes I am still smoke-free...and 8 lbs heavier. Which may not seem like a lot to many but I'm 4'10"...36 years old...its not helping me feel better.
My mister and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in 2009. I should be really proud...but we have been fighting like cats and dogs. Mainly, I think its Post -traumatic -best- friend -got- divorced -we -could -be -next- disorder. And we're getting professional help but GEEZ...Can't a girl get a break? Well, I am going to be optimistic about 2010...I resolve to:
Lose the depressive attitude
Lose the 8 lbs.
Be less bitter/bitchy
Enjoy my 30's...cuz there are not too many left.
I feel like all I do is work. Can't believe I haven't a thing to say in a million years...Also, I quit smoking about a month ago...so I've been a bit down. But hopefully all that will change soon. BECAUSE.....
In a week I shall be on my London/Paris Holiday and hopefully find fabulous fashion...meet interesting folks and be inspired to share all of it. It has been a brutal winter and I am ready for summer!!!!
My little sister is always up to something. This is the latest thing she sent:
" You have been tagged by me to post 16 things about yourself! Post a photo and state 16 things about you on the description, then tag 16 people to do the same.
Let the silliness begin!"
So here are the results
1. I am fiercely loyal...I protect me and mine. I've been with my mister for 14+ years and I love my chosen family (of friends and a few actual family) dearly.
2. I have anxiety attacks often, mainly due to stress or plane rides.
3. I am obsessed with fashion. I love that clothes/make-up can transform a person into whomever they wish to be. I find comfort in my clothes armor. I dress according to occasion, for every occasion, no matter how insignificant.
4. I know who I am...a conflicted and complicated woman/child in the process of finding herself and her place in the world. I used to feel pressure to be a certain way but now I can accept that I am many things and I don't have to do or be anything I don't want to.
5. I find great calm in feverishly cleaning.
6. I don't really like people...that I don't know. Maybe it runs in our family to need a larger bubble of personal space. Although, I love to watch people...be in their midst but not participate.
7. I love Jane Austen and married Mr. Darcy.
8. I find taxidermy fascinating. I really wanted my dead cat to be around after he passed but that wasn't an option. In fact, when I am dead...My mister is warming up to the idea...Just kidding
9. I have been on my own since I was barely 17. I have abandonment issues.
10. I am a buddhist but I find myself drawn to Catholicism and the Christian Church...Not so much for the doctrine...but the mysticism and how strange it is. I once stole a bag of hosts and ate it. I was very disappointed that they tasted like nothing. I was in 5th grade.
11. I love my first name. I was very upset when someone suggested it be used to name her unborn child. It is not a common name even in the country of its origin.
12. I like specific body parts. Some more than others...I hate my legs but love my arms. I love clavicles. I also am very fond of the 2 boney bumps on ones' back that I refer to as "wing nubs"
13. According to the Little People of America, I am a Proportionate Dwarf (better known as a Midget before the term became unacceptable). I am 4' -10"
14. Despite my size, I can eat a lot of food.
15. I snore so loudly that my mister has to wear earplugs. It saved our marriage.
16. I have a very rich fantasy life. I try to make my life as close to my fantasy life as I can. I am happiest when my real life resembles scenes from my favorite movies.
Its New Years Eve already...Which means party outfit dilemma. So here are my top 3: #1. I am constantly in strapless stuff even though I got nothing up top...The Mister prefers it cuz of my rockin' shoulders. Maybe with fab tights due to the chicago weather. #2. This is like my teenage years fantasy...me as rock groupie circa 1971...with my vintage rabbit fur coat...or would that be too hustle and flow ladies of the night territory? #3 Milder version of #2 with high-waisted wide-legged jeans...I haven't gotten over my fear of public display of short-shorts just yet...Maybe I can get my hands on some Charlie by revlon...Kinda fresh kinda WOW...Charlieeeeee!